How To Apply For A GMF Grant
(If you have questions, please be sure to contact Sidney Armstrong, Executive Director, via email prior to sending the application.)
- Head each answer with the question to which you are responding. Do not print and include the entire page of questions.
- Please respond to each question about your proposal carefully and succinctly. Don’t tell us everything you know, tell what is important for us to know.
- A major goal for GMF’s founder, Ed Craney was to improve commercial broadcasting in the state. Efforts to offer noncommercial programs funded by GMF to commercial stations are important and can improve chances for a grant.
- Provide a budget for your proposal (not your entire organization) in a form GMF trustees can understand, with expenses and purposes clearly delineated. Be sure to list other sources of funding, if applicable.
- If there are critical supporting documents, please include them. You may include brief bios of principals who may be unknown to GMF. We do not need a multi-page vita. It is also not necessary or helpful to send pages of recommendations, letters of support, photos, long lists of programs produced and so on. Do not send DVDs or CDs. If in doubt, please ask first.
- When I receive a grant application, by email or snail mail, I first review it for eligibility and completeness. If there are questions, I will contact you.
- I make copies of each application and include them in the board meeting manuals. We cannot include pictures and extraneous documents.
- Each GMF board member reviews and ranks the grants prior to the June annual board meeting. If there are questions or any requests for additional information, I will let you know.
- Each applicant is invited to attend the June Board meeting and present the proposal in person. Time is limited to 15 minutes per applicant and strictly observed. Come prepared with a well-organized presentation and leave a little time for questions.
- Let me know your audio-visual needs in detail. It may be the hotel will not be able to accommodate them. Please bring your own or have a fallback plan.
The 2017 Grant Application can be downloaded here.